Wednesday, March 30, 2011

B[_]X


I made a box. Just a simple cube from one piece of paper. I learned the trick from origami.  I don't remember when was the last time I made an origami crane, but there was time I was obsessed with origami dinosaurs. I made lots of them. Most of them are developed from the crane folds. I think that's how I remember the fold and use it in this box.
I was surprised myself when the box turns out very interesting. I have been struggling with a different design in which the box has the negative space as another box. I failed that design. The constrain is that it has to be one piece of paper. And it was impossible to make a negative space with 90 degree corner.
The box can be a design for a pencil holder, a pencil sharpener, a paper weight or a cushion. The question is which direction I want to take. I'm interested the most in the pencil holder. Not because it can be a promotional piece which may be something I may use.  I like the concept of having a pencil stabbing the box.
Thinking outside of the box may be too popular. Why not breaking through the box? Transform whatever box you are in without adding or subtracting anything. Yes, it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment