Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Opposites Attract challenge

I decided to do something with my little amount of free time this week. So I pull out a book a bought not too long ago, Creative Workshop-88 challenges to sharpen your design skills by David Sherwin. I pick Challenge No.22 in Execution chapter.

Here is the challenge:     60 min
An editor at a major publishing house has contacted you and asked if you'll brainstorm cover concepts for an upcoming hard-cover book about perceptions of beauty throughout the ages. Ironically, the book is titled Ugly by author Jane Klingslanger. In the time limit provided, come up with a range of cover ideas, then select one of those ideas to draw out in a clean professional comp that can easily be migrated into a computer execution.

Here is what I came up in 60 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment